Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scout in the Garden


It seems to be a cat week for me. I finally had the energy and motivation to finish my cat sculpture for the Forsyth County Humane Society's Art Unleashed Fundraiser. She's been sitting on my table for several weeks, untouched from a few earlier painting sessions, while I dealt with more pressing matters. But today, I decided I'd work on her as the breeze (and pollen) blew through the open windows and doors. And work on her I did... until I was satisfied that she was done. All that is left to do is the base on which she'll stand, and that means primer and enamel paints. But first, I have to decide what to put on the base... I'm leaning towards a big bumblebee and some flowers... but I'll give it some more thought before I begin.





10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous good reason for missing the etsy Treasury opening; (my reason was less creative! ) This is absolutely wonderful, Rebecca: I love cats..and this one of Scout in the garden is perfect and will be a terrific entry for the Fundraiser, I am sure! Lucky person who gets that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's fabulous Rebecca! I hope to be at the auction to cheer her on to a great home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's absolutely gorgeous Rebecca! And talk about (c)attitude!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a cat!
    Wonderful, Rebecca!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca - very cool! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! So Beautiful, i enjoy all the pics your show here. Gorgeous work, Rebecca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! I was wondering when we would see Scout again. I remember you talking about it in a previous post. It has turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen anything quite like her and I love her! You have really captured that proud and independent energy of a cat. I love the way you have painted her! You should feel so proud of your wonderful creativity!
    Also, I just donated my cat tags with catnip seeds to the Humane Society of Tampa Bay for their upcoming Tuxes and Tails event. Having adopted my beloved animals from the Humane Society in the past, I always try to give something back to this important cause. So, I'm glad you and I are on the same team! Using our art to help those who need our protection and care . . . Isn't that what stewardship is all about?! Isn't that the best use of our creativity?! I think so! Great work, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scout looks very content on your beautiful deck. What a great project. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete