Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Le Chat


Sunday afternoon brought me enough energy to get out to the studio and paint for a while. It was such a wonderful thing, with the door and windows flung wide open, the sun streaming in, and just a bit of a breeze blowing through! I think it was the best I've felt in these past two long and hard-to-endure weeks. I was grateful for the experience! I'm hoping there will be more of that in the coming days.

So here's what came of it... Le Chat, on Etsy, a 6 x 12 oil of my daughter's cat, Boo Radley. He's been the subject of a couple of paintings now as he is a very handsome fellow. Perhaps you wonder about his name? One of my daughter's favorite books is To Kill a Mockingbird, and her cat is much like the character Boo Radley. He is a private fellow and likes to find quiet and dark places to hide, particulary when someone goes to visit. He'll come out after a while, and sometimes he'll even let you pet on him, and on rare occasions, he might sit beside you. But he loves my daughter and is a constant and faithful companion for her. She's lucky to have him, and he's lucky to have her!




4 comments:

  1. very nice! thanks for taking the time to read the article. it's much appreciated. Rose is in an art show and they had the opening reception this morning. beautiful work from all the artists. i'll post pictures of Roses work. i too loved the secret life of bees:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Rebecca! I love what the fresh air and sunshine can do for your soul. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Boo! I think my favorite moment in any film ever is when Scout sees Boo standing in the shadows of Jem's bedroom. Watching the realization dawn on her face -- I could watch that scene over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo is gorgeous! You captured the soulful stare and quiet demeanor. He looks like a real keeper and someone I would love to adopt!

    ReplyDelete