Monday, May 31, 2010

A Sacred Journey

This year has held much sadness and tears for me. We lost our sweet Bruschi who'd suffered so long from seizures, I learned of the death of a lovely Etsian whose blog I had followed with much interest and respect, one of my best friends saw the death of her father recently, three old folks in the nursing home where I sing died just last week, my father went to the funeral of one of his best friends, my brother has told me of the spreading cancer of a musician friend, I have on-line friends who are struggling with cancer treatments and other health-related issues, and of course I've struggled with my own medical issues, albeit not life-threatening, for longer than I care to remember. And this list doesn't even mention the day-to-day struggles that we all deal with, either for ourselves or with a family member or friend.

So I have spent much time this year thinking about life and its mysteries, and yesterday I posted a new treasury on Etsy. Its title is Life is a Sacred Journey, and this is truly how I feel. It does hold mystery, it does hold blessings, it does hold beauty... all in spite of the struggle. The works featured here by these Etsians impart, to me, the beauty of our sacred journeys.


I hope each of you will take time daily to breathe slowly and thoughtfully, to be thankful, to love, to touch the earth, to simply be here on this planet with all of our fellow creatures and be aware of the sacredness of it all.

12 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Rebecca... the photograph is stunning and so is the composition of the entire collection. You've chosen so many awesome pieces to support your sentiment ! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca, for including me in your beautiful treasury and for the reminder to slow down, take a look around and appreciate the beauty in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sentiment and a gorgeous collection! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful treasury and tribute to "The Sacred Journey". After attending eight funerals last year, including my mother and mother-in-law, I have reflected quite deeply on the struggles we face each day. This reflection makes me appreciate the small every day things that I know you also value...a beautiful flower, a great song, cool breezes on a summer day, the joy of your family, friends and pets. We are on this earth such a short time...make every day special in some small way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for including me in your gorgeous collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOmetimes it's the little things in life that remind us we're alive! Well done love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'a a lovely tribute, Rebecca. Sometimes sadness comes in great big waves. I've found it's best, for me, to let it wash over me and really feel it. Then, I feel like I can
    move to the land of the living again.

    Peace for your journey today.
    xoSherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful in every way, rebecca. thank you for sharing...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful treasury! I love the colors and the softness and serenity of it. Thank you for including us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful collection. I love each and every item.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So well said, Rebecca! And in spite of the oddness of this journey, it all belongs together somehow--the happy with the sad, the struggles with the flow. It's all a part of it!

    Beautiful treasury!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rebecca, you've curated an exquisitely beautiful treasury to illustrate the Sacred Journey of each and every one of us. Thank you for this inspirational collection and especially for your lovely and uplifting narrative here.
    xoxo Mollie

    ReplyDelete