Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bird and Poppies Won the EPE Challenge!


I'm happy to report this morning that my piano key scrimshaw pendant won the weekly EPE challenge with the theme of Recycling! Talk about good news! Each winner gets to come up with the next theme and then choose the winner from the entries. I chose Rebirth and Renewal, which seems to me to be wide open for all kinds of work. I know we'll get some fabulous entries... can't wait to see them.

If you haven't checked out the EPE blog yet, you really should. There are some wonderful weekly contributors, some extremely talented members, and it's a beautiful blog. Take the time to do it; you'll be glad you did. And of course... it's all about supporting those who struggle with cancer, so the cause is a good one as this dreadful disease affects so very many of us in one way or another.

And by the way, the prop in the photo of my pendant? It's a gorgeous little felted wool envelope made by GinnyHuber, an EPE team member. Her work is fabulous, and this is such a cool item that can hold jewelry when traveling, business cards, cash and credit card if you want to travel light, lipstick or other small makeup items, favorite buttons, anything really.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rebecca! I love that necklace! I love mine (your first scrimshaw you listed in your shop) the most!!! And that's a great new theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Rebecca! I love your piano key scrimshaws! Dawn is so lucky to have the first! And, thanks so much for including my little wooly envelope in the background of your lovely photo-and a mention, too!!All the best with all your creations; renewal and rebirth, a good theme for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and that is a lovely piece! and I love Ginny's felted envelope...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win! I love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Rebecca, congrats! Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...you deserve the honor! This is a beautiful piece! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete