Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Thousand Invisible Threads



This 24 x 48 original oil painting is currently hanging in my home. It's listed on my website, but for now it is gracing my walls with beautiful color on these dark, dreary, grey days we've been having. I love its quilted look of vibrant squares, and I added my favorite quotes within it to make my statement of the connection of ALL life, of the value of respect, of the importance of each creature and being on this planet.

The quotes are:
"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results." ~Herman Melville

"When on tugs at a single thing in nature, one finds it attached to the rest of the world." ~John Muir

"Walk in harmony with the universe." ~Native American quote

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the quotes. The painting must be perfect on the wall, it has the feel of an exquisite quilt.
    I mentioned your work in my blog today.
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautiful...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic - a piece of thinking art - just the way I like art - and with the right messages!
    It'll be bringing good luck until it goes to it's forever home!
    well done!

    ReplyDelete