Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winter's Beauty

Each season brings to us gifts from nature. The gifts of winter, for me, include a chance to simplify, to rest, to meditate, to reflect. And perhaps above all, winter brings the most majestic sunrises... maybe because of the deep darkness of the season, or the lateness of the sunrise, or because the air feels so clean and crystalline pure. The other morning, around 7:00, as I was drinking my coffee, I saw the most beautiful streaks through the sky and I ran for my camera. Here is what I captured... the progression of the rising of the sun and the light across the mountain.







May the winter season, as it approaches, bring into your life wonder, magic, light, color, and beauty. Happy Holidays!

And if you haven't entered my holiday giveaway, there are just three days left to do so! Click here for more details.

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful natural brushstrokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well put (waterrose). Such gifts, if we only keep our eyes open to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I am in love with that sky! It is just beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of the fantastic things about winter--the sky, be it night sky or sunset, or sunrise--at it's most dramatic! It's in winter that they have the Northern Lights, if I'm correct, and that's cold up there...also in Florida, the winter skies are the most beautiful--pink sunsets, and purple, orange...and the meteorites--fantastic. Thank you for sharing your sky!

    ReplyDelete