Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Watercolors... Finally!

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that it's already mid-summer!  What a busy one it's been!  Between the garden and the chickens and music and bands and gigs and a solo art show in a mountain town and generally just enjoying the sunshine and warmth, I have found ways to avoid my paintbrushes.  But sometimes it's good for me to take a break and step away from the studio.  When I come back to it, I'm inspired and ready to get to work.

Here are some of the new watercolors I've been working on.  If there's a link attached, it means, of course, that they've been listed for sale.

Season of the Butterflies, a 9 x 12.

Crow Over Banner Elk, 9 x 12.


Banner Elk Morning, 6 x 10.

Stormy Sea, 8 x 10.



Chickens in the Corn, on 6 x 6 paper with white edges.

Says Who? 4  x 6 in frame.




There's no doubt about it... the summertime colors have inspired me!  Until next time, keep on the sunny side and live in the sunshine.



4 comments:

  1. Hey, so nice to see you, Rebecca! and to see your new work, such beautiful colors. Keep enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo! You are a great looking "chicken MaMa". Your garden is beautiful. Hope you are growing veggies that go well with that wine! The new watercolors are awesome. We are melting in the heat of Texas. Can't wait for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so beautiful -- I so wish I could paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I haven't been visiting many blogs lately so I'm not sure when you made the changes, but I love your blog background!!!

    ReplyDelete