Saturday, March 5, 2011

Random Shots

I've been working really hard on music for the past couple of weeks. I have a solo gig this evening that I'm pretty excited about (and maybe there will be photos to post from that later on), so all my creative energy and focus has, for the most part, gone towards music. I've even done some at-home recording so I have a couple sampler CDs for sale. But this morning, under a gray sky and light drizzle, I went a-walking round the property with the dogs and we played a little chase too. I took my camera with me, so here are a few photos from my North Carolina home.

Here's a familiar sight for me. Every day, this is my lovely view, though, of course, it changes with the season.

And images from the front yard... our pear tree just beginning to bud, and our bottle tree.



And here's Foster, playing his favorite game... "I've got the stick; now chase me!" He has become a wonderful companion and he's so very loyal. He loves our walks.

In the side garden, near our main entrance, we have daffodils and irises coming up by the score.

Going on up the road on the way to the barn, there is this sign hanging on the back side of my studio. I love its weathered look. It's from a shop my husband used to own but which he closed many years ago.

And a couple other images from further up the road.


At the barn where my husband's forge and bladesmithing workshop is, I found these manly shots.


And then, alas, my camera battery died. There were so many birds... cardinals, chickadees, wrens... flitting between and congregating in the trees, and I was disappointed that I couldn't try to get a few photos of them. But there's always another day.

Until next time, practice patience, sing a little, and go create!!

4 comments:

  1. So many wondrous images !
    I particularly love the dried white flowers against that wall...
    THANKS for sharing & I hope the music gig went well :)
    xo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, Rebecca. So nice to see spring is heading my way. I hope your gig was awesome.

    xoSherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, your blog is always a breath of fresh air!

    This morning, reading your engaging narrative and losing myself in your lovely photos, I feel like I've just come indoors after walking along beside you, playing with your pups, and enjoying all the sights and sounds you've shared with us!

    Thank you for taking me along with you ... once again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely walk, rebecca! Hope the gig was fun, too. xo

    ReplyDelete