Thursday, August 26, 2010

Around the Corner


Those dog days of August are nearing an end. Temperatures here in Stokes County have been nice and cool during the night, and this morning I woke up to a refreshing 62 degrees. Ahhhhh. Our crabapple tree already thinks that autumn is here; it has dropped most of its leaves which lay in a golden puddle against the still green grass. And while I am not necessarily enjoying the dusk settling in earlier and earlier and the days becoming shorter, I am not missing at all the repressive heat that we experienced for the last couple of months.

Here are a few of my favorite pre-autumn finds on Etsy. As always, follow the links for a closer view.

I simply love this sweet acorn-adorned bowl by TinaFrancisDesigns...

One of my favorite Etsian artists, AmberAlexander, who showcases lots of animals...

One of my favorite jewelers, kathiroussel, showcasing a to-die-for necklace. For those who are vintage lovers Kathi also has a wonderful vintage shop...

Ver cool and earthy Twig Earrings by SwanRiverStone...

Love this scarf with all its lovely fringe by none other than Fringe...

Thick, luxurious washcloths or dishcloths by Easy123. I have some of her work in both my kitchen and bathroom, and I strongly recommend these cloths if you want to get away from commercially made cloths or sponges...

Aren't these the sweetest hair adornments ever? By littlebrownbird...

And of course there has to be a bird here... this sculptural bird in a box by lorinichols... LOVE it!!

And these wonderful felted acorns, which you can also see in the opening photo. I'll be purchasing more from fairyfolk to continue adorning my twigs for my autumn table decoration.

Enjoy the end of summer, spend time in your garden or walking through the park, sing loudly, and celebrate love!

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds! Thank you so much for including my hair pins in your post! Love that necklace from kathiroussel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, this is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful finds for us to explore! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe! Gorgeous pictures, finds and have found some new favorite shops to visit! Thank you for including my cloths.

    Michele :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love those little acorns! (and all the rest of your fabulous finds, rebecca!) must check out that wee bird as well~ how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Bird in the Box. adorable. Thank you for all of this and including my squirrel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! For Autumn AND this Wondrous Blog Post!!
    Love Lori Nichols birds....and all your other FUNtastic Fall finds!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this... oh my... I LOVE what you have done with your acorns... tooo pretty for words. I love them on that thin wire.

    Blessings and magic,
    Donni - Fairyfoolk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful surprise to find my scarf on your beautiful blog among such exceptional artists. Thank you so much, sweet Rebecca. You made my week!

    xo

    P.S. I'm so happy to have found your blog...you have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. rebecca-- we're finally feeling the cool relief here as well-- it's always such a wonderfully refreshing change...

    your post is thoughtful and lovely- and everything is wearing my favorite colors.i'm honored to be here on your wonderful blog surrounded by wonderful artisans --thank you thank you and XO!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca,
    I am so thrilled that you included my little acorn bowl in this beautiful collection. I have found some new favorite shopes here. Your blog is a lovely breath of fresh air and I plan on returning often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca... these are some really nice pick for autumn... I'm like you I hate to see summer leave but the heat has just been relentless this year and I usually don't mind the heat! Everything around here is crispy and it's not supposed to be yet! Thank you for a reminder that comfort is almost upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Rebecca! LOVE all your beautiful finds! Amazing artists, all! xo Cait

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you found, Rebecca!! Wonderful fall selections!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the twig earrings. I am definitely excited for fall. We woke up to an unseasonably cool 49 degrees this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos and great finds. Love them!

    ReplyDelete